[Dissent-tech] front page & index.php

Sheffield Mayday sheffieldmayday at ukf.net
Fri Jan 9 19:19:11 GMT 2004

I'm gonna change the front page so the old site is not accessible from
there. One reason for this is that there was some criticism of it on
the old (orginal list),

For instance:

>Somewhat negatively, and I hesitate to say this, as I know Mark has put
>time into this (and its the overall impression of the site and its context
>that counts, not what Mark has specifically written), but I reckon we
>should pull (take down) the website until the November meeting, when we can
>get a more collective idea of where we're heading, get a URL without
>'baggage', a decision making structure for the website etc., etc.
>
>Sorry about this, but I do think that 'setting the tone' of things, and
>attention to details, are really essential. And we have time on our side
>not to rush things (for once!).

A second reason is that it all seems a bit messy as it is.

However I think it has some useful texts on it that could be used (at
least in the short term) for the new site.

To make sure everyone is agreed that these texts are OK I will ask the
main list to check everyone's OK with them or if there are any changes
to be made. While they're on the old site it's pretty clear which ones
we're talking about.

Then we can bung 'em up on the new one and the whole thing will look a
bit more tidy and together.

The old site is at:

 http://previous.dissent.org.uk/

I don't know anything about php but if we simply remove the current
index.htm (html?) page will index.php then show up automatically???

 cheers

     steve