[g8-sheffield] [Fwd: [ssf] G8 arrests in Derby]

Dan dan at aktivix.org
Sat Mar 19 14:58:05 GMT 2005

The point about Islam - and the targetting of certain groups, and the
local impact this is having - is hugely important.  It's one I'm chasing
up at the mo - but not in a 'let's try n shackle the Islam bandwagon to
the RESPECT horse' way.

There's stuff we can do - good stuff.  And I agree that the protest
movement can be obtuse.  Where was the analysis of what was happening in
Derby?  The Indymedia newswire flooded with reports, showing again that
it's protest blog role is vital.  But that needs balancing with trying
to explain why we're doing it.

Aaanyway...

Dan