[g8-sheffield] Re: [ssf] To agree a specific statement of non-violence

Philippe Deux hjdsmdr at mixmail.com
Mon Mar 21 20:03:24 GMT 2005

> Neither would it do any good to hassle the group into an explicit
> statement of support for anything that in practise individuals would
> not do. This sort of ridiculous finnicky discussion is exactly what I
>  had hoped we could avoid. I think that its pretty clear that several
>  people are explicitly unhappy with supporting any violent actions,

In some other persons' view, including myself, it was pretty clear that
some persons wanted to exclude some others on the (fictional) ground
that they would support any violent actions;
I am entitled to feel this as an insult; but i won't, perhaps it's just
carelessness on your part;
who, please tell me *who* is hassling any group into explicit statements
of support for anything bla bla...? ?
second: the consensus should be respected: you are breaching it whenever
it does not suit your expectations.

what are you really talking about? propaganda towards the media? then
your attempt should be more clearly drafted.
As it is, what i *would appreciate* from you and from *anybody* is openness:
Someone cool enough to stand up and say:
look, the condition for this group (btw how are you entitled to speak in
the name of the whole group?) to do these things and perform these
actions is that we sign a statement of non-violence and give it to our
chief inspector;
but you keep not saying this kind of things...

reasons: higher authority.
o butterflies

  I don't really see how the statement could be construed to exclude
> legitimate self-defense, or how that is important.
o yell!