[HacktionLab] Arrival on Friday

protag protag at phonecoop.coop
Tue Oct 20 23:38:50 BST 2009

All

The reference to Preston Street below is a typo - he means Albion
Street, which is parallel with Fulton Street.

If you look at the map here:

http://www.1in12.com/contact1in12.html

The street at the bottom of the map (Godwin Street) is known for most
of its length as Manchester Road - its a long road into town with a
guided bus route down the centre, pick up from the right turn after
Morrison's which JD refers to. (Not the Morrsions on the map, another
one nearer the motorway).

Go downhill on Manchester Road for a couple miles, keep straight on
at all junctions and roundabouts until you start to head uphill for
the last 100 yards  - that's the Godwin Street bit.

At the top turn left after TJHughes department store - it's the main
route most of the traffic will be taking - then right up Barry
Street, then the first left at The Castle Pub onto Grattan Road (says
Grattan Street on the map, wrongly, I think). {Be a bit careful here
because the general drift of the traffic will be to take the 2nd
left. If you miss the turning the one way system is a right bastard.}

Then the next left into the cobbled enclave of Albion Street.

Confusingly, at the top of the street, there's a housing advice
centre called Key House, whose logo is a red and blag flag. Ignore
that. The 1in12 is the shabby place at the bottom of the alley, with
the massive red'n'black flag painted on the end wall.

Beneath which is a space which is not our car park. Nothing bad has
happened yet by people who use it...but it's not ours.

Cheers

Protag