[HacktionLab] progress on registration form

yossarian yossarian at aktivix.org
Mon Apr 26 10:05:33 BST 2010

Hi, I've made some progress on the registration form although it's not
totally done yet (the basic taking of signup info works, but I'm
planning to build a little admin system and I need to be able to secure
that).

Some stuff that'd help:

a) we need somewhere to host it, so can I either get something like
registration.hacktivista.net pointed at 93.93.128.151 or login creds for
somewhere else to put it (I don't mind setting up another box as long as
it'd Debian-based :)).  I don't have a strong preference which way this
goes, it's a little less work if it's on my box but it might be nice if
other people could easily tweak the app (stylesheets etc) and it might
be easier to do that on a box that more people had access to.

b) I assume that the signup app should enforce SSL on the registration,
that any admin system stuff should be done over an encrypted connection,
and that I should be using a self-signed certificate, are these
assumptions correct?  People are going to get the Big Scary Security
warning, is that ok?

Yossarian