[HacktionLab] A few updates to the web site

Mike Harris mike at mbharris.co.uk
Tue Aug 31 12:56:55 BST 2010

 Hi Mick,

my thoughts on yours below.

w: http://mbharris.co.uk
t: +44 7811 671 893

On 30/08/2010 22:14, mick fuzz wrote:
>> http://hacktivista.net/hacktionlab/index.php/Autumn_2010_Hacklab
> Hi there,
>
> Me and a friend are going to try to noise this up a lot for manchester folk -

nice one
> If possible can we do some radio things / social media stuff on the
> Saturday afternoon? and then super geek stuff for the rest of it -
> Clearly this isn't the priority for this gathering - but it would be
> good to get maybe 20 or so folk there no - so having some non hardcore
> geek stuff might be good  --
I'm up for that.  Outreach is always good to do, and this could be a
really interesting workshop, joining tech with arts and social stuff.
Although we do normally reserve the autumn hacktionlab slot for the
geekfest, so how does everyone else feel?  this would give us Saturday
morning and Sunday for geekdomhood.
> Ideas for workshops - I'll put these up, if people think they are good
> but would like discussion on them, if not let's drop them!
nice.
> Anonymous blogging - tor and activist hosted websites -
> Push to highlight advantages of no logging servers for actvist /
> social media sites for decentralised / non branded anonymous news
> posting -
> Invite activist collectives for this
>
> Update on alternatives to Facebook - Crabgrass update and Diaspora -
> http://www.joindiaspora.com/2010/08/26/overdue-update.html
> Invite social media people for this

yep. is that and the above one for the saturday afternoon mick?
> The aggregator update - using Indymedia as a working project for the
> aggregation
> Invite Drupal people for this. - It would be great to have a UI
> feedback session for this maybe
> or to get a feature spec rolling on it.

totally.
> Campcaster - Let's have a play about with this!
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campcaster
> Campcaster is a free and open source[1] radio  management application
> for live broadcasting, remote broadcast automation (via web-based
> scheduler), and program exchange between radio stations.

that looks good, very different from the cobbled together platform I use
currently.

I'm going to download this and have a good play with it beforehand, then
we can discuss it on the list perhaps.