[HacktionLab] List of suggested ammends to booking form and site

yossarian yossarian at aktivix.org
Sun May 2 17:19:31 BST 2010

Mike Harris wrote:
> "At this year's BarnCamp we have a some excellent workshop sessions
> proposed.  In order for us to better tailor the programming, please
> choose from the list below those workshops that most interest you.  We
> will email you nearer the time of BarnCamp  to confirm which workshops
> will be running."
>
> Alrighty?

Got it and it's now up - sorry for misunderstanding.

> I got BOTH my confirmation and also the confirmation to me as an admin
> of me signing up!
>
> If you're stuck on mail server config, I might be able to help.  What
> server is it?

It sounds like it's working if you got those mails, so I guess we're
cool. :)

>>> 8.  Children are welcome, but please help us by arranging childcare for
>>> them whilst you are attending workshops.  They are welcome to eat, but
>>> it would be great to have a small donation from you to cover our costs.
>>>  We don't currently have anyone organising creche facilities, if you
>>> think you could help with this, please tick this box.
>>>
>> I've used Mick's suggested working re: children, I can put pet text up
>> when that's available.
>>

> Given recent list developments I reckon we can put:
>
> "Kids are most welcome and can eat for free.  We are in the process of
> arranging crêche facilities for those wishing to attend workshops.
> Please let us know if you are are bringing kids with you."

Done.

>>> 9.  Need an animals policy written up somewhere, perhaps just the wiki
>>> page will be fine.  We're waiting on HF for their take on this.
>>>

> Can you put:
>
> 'Since the venue is a working farm, unfortunately we have to ask that
> you don't bring animals with you.  Thank you.'

Done.

>> Is this everything?  Shoot more feedback my way if more changes are
>> needed.  It's sometimes difficult to pick out concrete tasks from the
>> flow of the list, so apologies if I've missed anything or misunderstood it.
>>

> I think that's it Yoss.  So long as you have the cheque details.

Cheque details are in the signup confirmation and also on the info page:
http://registration.hacktivista.net/info

> Do you think we ought to also put bank account details on so people can
> make direct transfers?

I think that couldn't hurt actually, if using web banking it's less
hassle than writing a cheque and in some ways "nicer" than PayPal.

>>  I'm now using the
>> "item_name" parameter instead of "item_number", maybe it'll help.  The
>> PayPal docs seemed to suggest that using a "custom" parameter wouldn't
>> work as that's only for payments, not donations, although I may have
>> read that wrong.
>>

> As I said, we could change the button type to be payment, rather than
> donation.

Is that a "maybe" or a "please do this", just so I am clear? :). Is the
button html the same for a payment button?

The new site code should now be up, check it!

Yoss