[HacktionLab] illustration for tech tools booklet

m3shrom m3shrom at riseup.net
Thu Dec 29 13:49:23 UTC 2011

>>> What do ppl working on the booklet reckon is the best way for me to
>>> contribute files?
> One thing to note is that I've temporarily locked out editing and file
> uploading, and also the self-creation of new accounts, as we've
> experienced some spamming of the wiki, nearly all articles of which I've
> removed.

Maybe then you could put drafts (max 600px wide) up in the booki space -
so that they can be seen in context. Or you could create a new chapter
and put them all in there if you liked.

http://booki.flossmanuals.net/tech-tools-for-activists-2/_edit/

There is a bit in the style guide about images only being 300px or so
wide but I think we should review that as some images would look good
full width (normally 600px) - in fact I've put a couple in there already
about email communications.

I've been doing quite a bit of writing and editing to try to update the
guide to -
* add in lots of new info
* edit down what is already there loads to try to fit in the new stuff
(including a merge of the intro and free software section as this seemed
to work)
* revise the style a bit when the "a word" (activist) is mentioned
* try to find real life examples of situations
* bullet point essentials
* add a what's next section for concrete and specific actions people can
take after reading the chapter.

I hope that this is ok, i've been pretty bold in places with the editing
but I think it fits in with what we are trying to communicate and how.
It can all be undone in the track changes.

nice one
mick