[HacktionLab] HacktionLab Digest, Vol 33, Issue 10

Sy sytaffel at riseup.net
Wed Jan 12 11:46:26 GMT 2011

On 12/01/2011 01:00, hacktionlab-request at lists.psand.net wrote:
>> indymedia.org.uk does*not*  record IPs or user_agent strings, and it never has.
>> >
> I used to be an admin of that site and I know that it can, and
> frequently does, record IPs and user_agent strings.
Bristol Indymedia *can* record IP addresses. It's a feature built into
the CMS we use which is also used by numerous other imc sites across the
globe.  This is very different from saying that we *do *record IP
addresses, in fact we have a signed statement from the police saying
that we do not do so, and it certainly is not standard practice for UK
indymedia to record IP addresses either...

Whatever people on this lists history and current feelings about the UK
Mir site and those administrating it are, using public lists to lie
about their practices reflects really badly on those involved.

Sy