[HacktionLab] PROPOSAL: Re: general proposal to network x

Ben Green ben at bristolwireless.net
Wed Jan 12 14:36:23 GMT 2011

Quoting "Garcon du Monde" <gdm at fifthhorseman.net>:

>> > right. i am normally not known as somebody who jumps in to defend
>> > indymedia.org.uk, however, what are you spreading here is FUD
>> > ( and that is where i file it under), unless you know something nobody
>> > here is aware of ( and afaik there are quite a few ex-imc uk admins on
>> > this list).

I do not agree that mark at activix.org should be banned. The position
does appear to be that one person claims to have witnessed IP logging,
and I recall has held that position in the past. Three people claim
otherwise. Given the ratio is only 3:1 I would personally consider
that inconclusive. Given this is a contentious issue, perhaps a third
party could be given read only access to the server in question and be
allowed to make an audit? I'd be happy to do this.

In general though, please take Indymedia bun fights elsewhere, like
really very elsewhere.

Cheers,
==