[HacktionLab] Fwd: [Newmedia] Fwd: Web server/host advice - as discussed

mick fuzz mickfuzz at clearerchannel.org
Sun Jul 3 18:25:06 UTC 2011

Thanks penguin!

I'm looking at that list from a punters point of view looking to get a
website hosted.

sigsys and tachanka don't have any contact details on their webpages.
and noblogs and radar don't seem very useful in the context of website
hosting,

Also do aktivix offer hosting as a service- what response would someone get
if they sent an email to aktivix-request asking for website hosting for a
fee?

That leaves
http://noflag.org.uk/
http://plentyfact.net/
http://nologic.org/

Do we know noflag people?

nice one
Mick

On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 6:25 PM, penguin <penguin at riseup.net> wrote:

> I think the closest we got was at the bottom of
> http://hacktivista.net/hacktionlab/index.php/Tech_tools_for_activists
> (not sure all of them are hosting)
>
> Cheers

> On Sun 03 Jul 2011 18:17:22 BST, mick fuzz [mickfuzz at clearerchannel.org]
> emailed subject: "[HacktionLab] Fwd: [Newmedia] Fwd: Web server/host
> advice - as
>        discussed" saying ...
>
> > hi there -
> > see below -
> > did we ever get a list of paid hosting services that we would recommend
> as a
> > network?

Clearer Channel Project back on the rails using newish technology
http://clearerchannel.org - video, radio popular education and free software

Also check out the Green Zone project and the Redbricks Housing thing
http://redbricks.org - housing estate, community garden and eco stuff