[HacktionLab] bethemedia Network meeting on same weekend as spring hacktionlab?

Charlie Harvey charlie at newint.org
Tue Feb 21 08:49:06 UTC 2012

On 21/02/12 08:26, m3shrom wrote:

>> > So i will throw out an idea of having a BTM meeting in London in
>> > Spring... maybe as an extra day or half day onto a hacktion lab
>> > meet that is being discussed. (if Hacktion lab people dont want
>> > this - no problem we can do another date)
>>
>> > Any opinions on this? We are still having goo
>
> I'm in favour of this as long as the agenda is clear and can be time
> contained. My concern would be Indymedia stuff that does need to get
> sorted out eating into time spent working on publicising and perfecting
> new tools. I'm sure there is a way of getting over that concern.
> Maybe half a day is best?
>
> nice one
> mick

Hi,

Well, I'm not keen to mix the two really. btm and hacktionlab seem to be
conceptually different things to me. I don't have much time to put into
btm, but I do have time and effort to put into hacktionlab and ttfa. It
isn't a block or anything, but I'd slope off down the pub or head home
early for the btm part if people wanted to do it that way.

Charlie Harvey
IT Manager
New Internationalist

t: +44 (0)1865 811402
f: +44 (0)1865 793152
w: http://www.newint.org/
k: http://sn.im/gpgkey/

** Check out our new, improved online shop: http://tr.im/nishop **

New Internationalist is an independent not-for-profit communications
cooperative. Our multi-award winning magazine, New Internationalist,
brings to life the people, the ideas and the action in the fight for
global justice.

New Internationalist Publications Ltd. is incorporated in England
under no.1005239. Registered Office:
New Internationalist, 55 Rectory Road, Oxford,  OX4 1BW, UK