[HacktionLab] New Open Source / Android Communication Tools?

Dave Hollis david.hollis at netzwerkit.de
Thu Jul 26 10:21:34 UTC 2012

Hi Mick,

I think Plone is worth a mention as a CMS. It is not a security
nightmare like anything PHP/Mysql software and it has a nice
interface for beginners.

I've been using it for Netzwerk IT (a German and occassionally English
site -- see http://www.netzwerkit.de/ueber_uns/leaflet)
for workplace activists (usually and often deliberately
not unionised) since about 2002.

Although it is by no means in anyway as comfortable as Plone, I also
think Zotonic (http://zotonic.com/) is worthy of menion. It's a
very interesting CMS. It is written in erlang (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erlang_%28programming_language%29) and is
incredibly fast. Admittedly, you do have to work to set it up, but it
seems that it could have a very interesting future.

Best wishes,

Dave