[HacktionLab] Recovering from and following up on this year's BarnCamp

Mick Fuzz mickfuzz at clearerchannel.org
Tue Jun 11 17:59:56 UTC 2013

How does that sound, and does anyone fancy taking that on?

Armed with a questionnaire I propose we send out a summary email
covering anything we missed by not having a closing plenary, like useful
links to things mentioned in the workshops,

---

I'd be up for getting a summary email together with links from workshop
convenes.

A quick bit of informal feedback from me. I missed the lack closing
circle / plenary too, especially for thank yous, and a 'wtf next'
session. I think we just forgot that it wouldn't happen unless people
stepped up to facilitate it.
The closest thing was the 'Prism - What next for tech activism'
discussion on Sunday morning straight after the morning circle. That
tried to incorporate elements that maybe would have better gone in a
closing circle. I think we all know, we can do this better next time
with a little planning.

Apart from that I think the open space workshop format worked pretty
well, it felt like most people giving workshops were able to get what
they wanted out of it. Also, it suited the fact that no-one really
wanted to spend a lot of time before the event creating a preset
schedule. It will be good to see the feedback.

Kitchen, Fire & Bar were outstanding!
Also, It felt like a very chilled out event to me and that has got to be
good! Good work everyone I really enjoyed working and hanging out with
you all!

nice one
Mick