[HacktionLab] Is HacktionLab a 'safe space'?

Mick Fuzz mickfuzz at clearerchannel.org
Wed May 22 08:34:26 UTC 2013

On 22/05/13 09:23, naomi at aktivix.org wrote:
> Since there's not been much feedback from this, maybe it would make
> more sense for people to start their own conversations rather than
> have a formal workshop.
>
> I would still be happy to co-facilitate a workshop, but given how
> difficult and emotionally charged these topics are, I wouldn't want to
> attempt it on my own. Two people could help save each other from
> getting too drawn in.

I'd be happy to contribute aspects on running inclusive workshops.
I'm working on a course along those lines with some of the creative
commons folk and using a lot of resources from seeds for change.
https://p2pu.org/en/courses/77/collaborative-workshops-in-informal-learning-spaces/

I think it would be great to frame it positively, ie, how to keep our
workshops and gatherings inclusive. As you say naomi, sometimes such
workshops get really defensive and emotionally charged if it's framed as
'why are there so many white men here'.

Anyone else up for chipping in ideas or facilitation.

nice one
Mick