[HacktionLab] Announcing BarnCamp 2015 - June 19, 20, 21 - Help needed

clara clara at aktivix.org
Wed Mar 25 13:33:27 UTC 2015

Hi,

thanks!

On 25/03/15 13:48, yossarian wrote:
> Back to the camping: maybe I'll rebuild the now-ancient registration
> system in Scala, just for fun. I've been hankering after some projects,
> somebody put me to work doing something constructive or I'll end up
> partying myself to death.

There are two things I would like to do:

1) Radar.squat.net
Show our new international event calendar https://radar.squat.net
We can explain how it works, how to add new groups and events etc. but
we can also see together with some people what can be improved to make
it even more usable and useful.

2) Rendering OpenStreetMap
OpenStreetMap - https://openstreetmap.org - is a great to add lots of
places that are relevant to activists, but in the default rendering not
all of that shows up (such as squats), or is bundled together (such as
bike shops, bike workshops and bike diy repair places)
I would like to discuss, list, draw up on paper what would be relevant
for an activist rendering of OpenStreetMap data.
We can also see how it would look like online by making some Mapbox
maps. That part then would also double as a hands-on workshop on how to
use Mapbox to make your own maps.

greetings
clara