[HacktionLab] Barncamp 2018

Ben Green ben at bristolwireless.net
Tue Oct 24 14:21:58 UTC 2017

Hi all,

there's been talk. Please correct me if any of this is wrong. Mike
doesn't want to organise Barncamp 2018. Clara and myself would like
there to be a Barncamp 2018. To this end we would like to find a way
to get the project organised in as completely decentralised way as
possible.

Who's in? Who wants to help organise and implement Barncamp 2018? How
many hours could you put aside and at what times? What could you
physically bring to the event?

Also part of the talk has been what organising tool we need to sort
this out. There's been a suggestion of gitlab, but that's really a
tool pitched as software development. I'm not keen on that one.

More generic tools I think might be useful would be Mantis. They are
still software based, but are good to use for general issue tracking.
There's also Whups, which is the Horde framework issue tracker which
is simple and good, and Bugzilla which I think might be over egging
the pudding.

So, Mantis is my fave. Happy to install it for people to use. More
suggestions please.

So though I would like to stick to non-proprietary tools for
organisation, I think that using doodle for deciding the date would be
most efficacious. I'll set one up if nobody objects.

I've loads more thoughts and idea for next years barncamp, I'd like
some of us to set up online meetings to have a bit of banter about it.

Cheers,
Ben

LINKS:

Bugzilla Demo:  https://landfill.bugzilla.org/bugzilla-5.0-branch/