[HacktionLab] Facebook exodus & where are people going

ekes ekes at aktivix.org
Mon Mar 26 09:37:57 UTC 2018

On 26/03/18 11:30, Paula Graham wrote:
> Nearest thing to whatsapp would be telegram but purists get sniffy about encryption protocols and it doesn't encrypt by default.

Think the common alternative is Signal - lots of people offer me their
Signal number these days.

My preference, as it doesn't need a telephone number, will work on all
devices without jumping through hoops, and is generally more flexible
regarding encrypted/not encrypted/groups/chats/bridging to other
networks etc. is riot/matrix:

https://chat.disroot.org/ is my suggested instance (although I actually
use https://chat.weho.st - they all federate)
https://about.riot.im/ for apps to download.