[HacktionLab] Some workshop ideas written up

Ben Green ben at bristolwireless.net
Wed Jun 28 11:44:08 UTC 2023

I second that sentiment Ekes, the events are not to platform particular
speakers but instead to get together so we can all discuss stuff. That's
one of the main points of the unconference format, that we are all on an
equal playing field and there's no hierarchy of 'you are hear to listen
to me but I don't want to listen to you'. It's like when people play
open mic nights then immediately leave after their set.

However,  we have facilitated specifically timed events and talks so
that people can contribute when otherwise they wouldn't be able to in
the past. I don't see why we shouldn't again. It was all a bit ad hoc
this time and that was fine with me though it is a shame we missed a
chance to here Cat's friend contribute.

We should also acknowledge that there are different types of
unconference format which might be useful, and that we all have a small
amount of time to get all this stuff organised so anything more complex
might not be possible.

Cheers,

Ben