[imc-uk-emergency] Guy Smallman seriously injured photographing G8 Summit protests

Molly Cooper molly.photos at ntlworld.com
Mon Jun 2 17:41:16 BST 2003

Dear photographers
Some of you may know, but Guy Smallman, a photographer who was at the 20
May meeting, has been seriously injured covering the G8 protests in
Geneva. He was photographing a demonstration which was attacked by the
german riot police, and they threw a stun grenade at him at point blank
range. He is currently in hospital in Sweden. See fuller report below.

To follow up from the 20 May meeting, and to build on the ideas that came
out of it, also to discuss what happened to Guy, I wondered if some
photographers fancied meeting up, sometime either this week or next? It
would just be an informal get together, in a coffee shop in Central
London.

Also, the next London Freelance Branch Meeting is on June 7th, the
subject for discussion is NUJ Training provision, what is on offer from
the professional training department, and what Freelance training
provision there should be.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Cheers Molly.

A group of peacefull demonstrators: consisting of a variety of groups from