[imc-uk-emergency] Fwd: [chris at croome.net: So long Sparxie, fwd: [emma at headcharge.net: A dark night]]

Chris Croome chris at croome.net
Mon Jun 2 17:28:46 BST 2003

Hi

I'm forwarding this here because the IMC list server is down and so that
I have a URI to send to people.

Chris

- ----- Forwarded message from Chris Croome <chris at croome.net> -----

From: Chris Croome <chris at croome.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 17:21:21 +0100
To: Sheffield IMC <imc-sheffield at lists.indymedia.org>
Cc: emma at headcharge.net
Subject: So long Sparxie, fwd: [emma at headcharge.net: A dark night]

Hi

Some sad news follows, I learnt about it from the email from Headcharge
that follows.

One of the subscribers to this list died on Friday, Sparxie.

He only posted once to the list:

  http://lists.indymedia.org/pipermail/imc-sheffield/2003-April/000103.html

But I had a fair bit of off-list email correspondance with him, he was a
very keen supporter of Sheffield Indymedia and offered the use of his
servers, amoung other things, this is an extract from an email he sent
me about video footage he had of anti-war stuff in Sheffield and what he
wanted to offer to Sheffield Indymedia:

On Sat 22-Mar-2003 at 04:36:17 +0000, Sparxie wrote:

>    I do have much to contribute in computer, video and radio
>    equipment, skills, contacts, footage, action and ideas, but, I'm
>    recovering from major illness, so don't want to be
>    stressed/comitted or more relevant, a relied-upon member, although
>    having been 'cured by chemo' my health sometimes prevents me from
>    going-out or doing stuff I'd planned to do due to other lasting
>    side  effects of my treatment that finished over a year ago. Most
>    of the time I'm fine.
>
>    I'll post an email to the list introducing myself soon.
>
>    If you want to upload them to Indymedia let me know, The whole
>    video of 8/3/03 is about 2 hours! hahaha, so is the antiwar party
>    @ponana/fez video and the corporation one before that too. (long
>    because my system is set up to stream programmed video content
>    instead of video on demand) Maybe I'll sort out some highlights and
>    video-stills, especially  as my servers are offline at this
>    critical time, mind you, I've been out demonstrating every
>    opportunity instead of repairing, maybe I should be looking at the
>    bigger picture!.

I never met him but he pointed himself out as 'the male in forground
of':

  http://www.sheffieldagainstwar.org.uk/.static/images/2292239749/275-anti-war-demonstrators-med.jpg

There is a bigger version of this image here:

  http://chris.croome.net/photos/2003/0320/275_Anti-War_Demonstrators_Med.jpg.274.html

This is very sad.

Chris

- ----- Forwarded message from Headcharge HQ <emma at headcharge.net> -----