[imc-uk-emergency] Add link to this list on contacts page?

ionnek ionnek at gmx.net
Thu Mar 27 13:11:53 GMT 2003

chris - point taken.
will comment on it and change file when listserve is up again.
Why?
Ana and I are collecting improvements. Then change all in one go. More
efficient.
experience shows that it makes sense to have 1 or 2 pp responsible for tasks.
comments page can be source of heated discussion, so changes should be
mentioned more publicly than possible on emergency.

For now:

At 12:36 27/03/03, Chris Croome wrote:
>Hi
>
>Should there be a link to this list:

would leave that list for tight organising. hope listserve b back soon

> From the contacts page:
>
>   http://uk.indymedia.org/contact.php3
>
>Also some small suggestions for the contacts page to make hyperlinks better (I
>_hate_ click heres! hyperlinks should make sense out of context if possible!):
>
>Change this:
>
>   If you want to submit a report via email, because you have a slow
> connection or
>   archived reports <a
>   href="http://lists.indymedia.org/listinfo/imc-uk-reports">list</a>, email:

>   If you want to submit a report via email, because you have a slow
> connection or
>   are<br>too lazy to fill in the upload form, mail to our <a
>   href="http://lists.indymedia.org/listinfo/imc-uk-reports"><b>publicly</b>
>   archived reports list</a>, email:

ok

>Change this:
>
>   To take part in general discussions please subscribe to our <b>publicly</b>
>   archived imc-uk <a
>   href="http://lists.indymedia.org/listinfo/imc-uk">list</a>.<br>

>   To take part in general discussions please subscribe to our
> <b>publicly</b>
>   archived <a
>   href="http://lists.indymedia.org/listinfo/imc-uk">imc-uk list</a>.<br>

ok

>Add link to Cambridge under local IMCs:
>
>   Cambridge
>   http://lists.indymedia.org/listinfo/imc-cambridge
>
>Also Newcastle?
>
>   http://uk.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=59617&group=webcast

extra section - add links to "coming soon"

>Change this:
>
>   The global Indymedia project operates through a system of email lists,
>   dedicated to geographical areas or specific projects. See the world's
> complete
>   list of imc mailing lists <a
> href="%20http://lists.indymedia.org">here</a>.<br>

>   The global Indymedia project operates through a system of email lists,
>   dedicated to geographical areas or specific projects. See the
>   complete list of imc mailing lists</a>.<br>

ok

>Change this:
>
>   <a
>
>href="http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=site:lists.indymedia.org+imc-uk-outreach">Here</a>
>   you can see how Google indexes list archives.<br><br>

>   Try <a
>
>href="http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=site:lists.indymedia.org+imc-uk-outreach">this
>Google search</a>
>   to see how Google indexes list archives.<br><br>

ok