[imc-uk-emergency] [feature] proposal on cyberactions/attacks

Chris Croome chris at croome.net
Fri Mar 28 17:51:48 GMT 2003

Hi

Following is the bit I have re-edited, I think this is OK now
(unless I have filled it with spelin mistakes ;-).

On Fri 28-Mar-2003 at 05:07:24PM +0000, ionnek wrote:

> still not happy cause al jazeera attack is not what I perceive as
> a sensible political action in cyberspace!!

I personally don't support any of this stuff (attacks on left or
right wing sites) and the re-written second part of this feature is
far too supportive of actions such as the electrohippy stuff IMHO,
see the email this is a reply to.

Perhaps it's best to just omit it and have a debate on it? Am I in a
monority of one in opposing the electrohippy stuff?

Chris

White on blue:	WAR ON THE INTERNET

Yellow:         Cyberattacks against Al-Jazeera website?

implications on the internet. The
href="http://uk.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=59631&amp;group=webcast">attacked</a>
in the form of a <acronym title="Distributed Denial of Service
Attack">DDoS</a>
attack.  The
<a
href="http://uk.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=59685&amp;group=webcast">days

old site</a> has been intermittently available but
are doubts about the cause of the downtime</a>.<br>
English language news sites in the region: <a
href="http://uk.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=59747&amp;group=webcast">Unofficial

Al Jazeerah sites</a> | <a href="http://english.daralhayat.com/">Dar Al
Hayat</a>  | <a
href="http://www.indymedia.org/archive/features/2003/03/2003-03.html#8144">Reports