[imc-uk-emergency] [feature] proposal on cyberactions/attacks

ionnek ionnek at gmx.net
Fri Mar 28 18:02:57 GMT 2003

shit that the feats list is down.

I'd like to have some more input on the cyberspace feature.

I agree its best to splet the 2 paragraphs, put them in 2 features.
but - maybe ignorant!- think that the al jazeera down on its own is not
enough for a feature - wellllll - but menwith hill and fairford were single
events too - so dunno....
and, commenting on your new version, Chris: I don't like publishing feats
that say - may have been under dd attack. what we know is that its down.
and you found that great register article analysing possible reasons. I
would leave it at that - site down, backup pages, possible reasons on register.

about the cyberaction para - supportive? it just mentions some. not even
all ddos. points to a discussion, mentions policiing, leaves it to the
reader what they think about it. the contrast page intro makes clear that
ddos attacks are not something everyone agrees on.

and, yes, for me the decision on wether I agree to a cyberaction or not is
not defined by the tech used, but by the degree of connection with social
movements, choosing the right target, being fair to participants (not like
that jerk who inserted a script in the newswire and  made you participate
in an attack wether you liked it or not).

but I think our opinions don't need to be discussed in depth for a feature
- we don't need to agree.

Marion