[imc-uk-emergency] 60182 hidden - why?

ionnek ionnek at gmx.net
Sat Mar 29 11:58:33 GMT 2003

There was a double posting titled "Hack attack! Taking down criminal media
sites"

http://uk.indymedia.org:8081/front.php3?article_id=60182&group=webcast

I spent about an hour replying to one of them. When I had finished, I
realised that BOTH versions of the posting were hidden.
Was that a mistake? Because if not, I would feel rather irritated.

I see, like Chris, that there is a debate going on about ddos attacks on
our newswire. Mainly rather thoughtless postings, as far as I am concerned,
were people advocate the use of ddos, in a - again my opinion - half-baked
and sometimes actually endangering way.
Chris is trying to keep it at bay, arguing that all ddos attacks should be
considered as spam and defining all ddos attacks as attacks against freedom
of speech.

Although I agree with him that these calls are getting a bit too much, I
am, at present, still convinced that it makes sense to argue about these
postings in comments rather than hiding them. They are not the kind of
disruptive postings as we get from harlequin.

and, hey, I'm really pissed off that my masterpiece :-) was hidden! (cause
I have a right to radical speech as well!)
and without notifying emergency of features as well! grrrr.

Can somebody please explain?

Ionnek