[imc-uk-emergency] RE: [Imc-uk-network] Re: [Listwork] new list please

Ben ben at stewardwood.org
Thu May 15 18:37:38 BST 2003

hi all,

I've  proposed a list called imc-westcountry which is intended to act as
contact and organisation etc for a new regional IMC under the new MIR
server.

The westcountry IMC would cover cornwall, devon, dorset and somerset.

There would be some overlap with Bristol IMC but it should be minimal.
Bristol generates plenty of it's own news and although currently it is
common to find news from the south west also posted to Bristol IMC, it is
often justified on the basis that "peopel from bristol were involved in
something in outside of the area".

We don't expect to have massive of content compared to some of the exisiting
regional IMCs. Prior to the new MIR system we thought that it was unessecary
to form regional IMCs but we think that the time may now be right so are up
for giving it a go.

We have a permenant office with computers, video editing facilities, as well
as broadband internet access (from June). We have an active group doing
screenings, print media, info stalls and 'radio' and it seems that we should
be able to find the people and content required to make it work.

Sara has previously found other people interested in a IMC for the southwest
so we are sure that support will be found. Plymouth, Totnes, Dartmoor,
Exeter and possibly Penzance are all likely to supply active people.

Ben

 From: Sara Melendro [mailto:melendro333 at yahoo.com]
Chris Croome <chris at croome.net> wrote:
On Thu 15-May-2003 at 08:59:17AM +0100, Ben wrote:

> Would like to set up a new IMC for south west UK called and would
> therefore like a mailing list called 'southwest' The site will come
> under the new uk. MIR server

Also I wonder if this has some overlap with Bristol [1], for this reason
I have copied this to the imc-uk-network list -- I'm miles away in
Yorkshire so it's nothing to do with me, I just thought it should be
flagged up :-)