[imc-uk-emergency] (no subject)

ian i-contact ian at videonetwork.org
Fri May 16 15:02:45 BST 2003

hello

Theres two things i wanna mention

1 - middle column proposal - as some folk know Bristol indymedia volunteers
along with Voices in the wilderness have set up an Iraqi indymedia
site.   Its still at an early stage - and seems to be supporting a
newspaper called http://www.almuajaha.com/  as the phone lines are still
out.  Although not 'officially' on the network yet the process is well in
hand and the dns 'Iraq.indymedia.org' should happen within the next few
days. einshalla.

Anyway we wanna put this on frontpage - i've just added this on to the
front of the Bristol site, so I propose just copying it on to the UK
site.  If other people wanna add more context then please feel free.  -
also we bigged up the new Japan Indymedia + Beirut indymedia ....

2 - Bristol indymedia is having a community newsday on the weekend of June
14th + 15th.  We're still finalising all the details but we will be running
a series of workshops etc.  More details are
here
http://www.bristol.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=5682&group=webcast

But the good news is that we have some money (hooray)....so we'd really
like some folk involved with UK indymedia to come down.  We can cover
travel expenses and food + put people up.  So if you fancy it let us know -
we especially need people involved with Radio ( Pennie, Dave ?)  If you
think that you could contribute then get back to me asap.  Your
contribution will be valued.

cheers
ian