[LAF] [Fwd: [Anarchy-List] 150 years of libertarian]

Echo of Freedom EchoOfFreedom at riseup.net
Thu Dec 11 11:16:35 UTC 2008

-------- Original Message --------

Hello all

I cannot believe I almost missed this, but anarchist use of libertarian is 150
years old this year!

I've just did a AFAQ blog on it:

http://anarchism.pageabode.com/afaq/150-years-of-libertarian

And posted to infoshop as well...

Funnily enough, I would have forgotten about it if it weren't for a numb-nuts
right-"libertarian" complaining that communists were stealing the name
"libertarian" from its rightful owners on anarkismo:

http://www.anarkismo.net/article/10860

Quite staggering, really. Particularly as this eejit traced it use by the right
back all the way to... a handful of people in the early 1930s! Meanwhile,
in Spain, the Libertarian Youth was being formed...

Sad, really, in a way. Looks like we really have our work cut out for us! but
I hope the blog post goes some way to reclaiming it...

Iain