[matilda] BANNED FOR A WEEK..

Becky noborders123 at onetel.com
Sat Aug 6 07:51:01 BST 2005

the subject line and content of this email leave it unclear how long the ban
is for.
I think it would be helpful if someone involved in the ban said on this list
why it was done.
There are some very legitimate questions being asked and they illustrate why
some of us have been saying there is a need to sort out 'ground rules' asap
eg::

>Does a small group of people have the right to take this decision or are we
going to work on consensus?
the 2 need not be mutually exclusive - this illustrates why we need to talk
about quorate meetings (on next weeks agenda), and generally how many people
can make a decision and the decision making role of the monday meeting, but
also (as we've previously discussed) there is a need for those present at
the time of an incident to be able to make an urgent decision (eg: re
security), but I feel there is still alot left unclear.

> Is there a means of conflict resolution to  resolve this?
Again this has been mentioned but as far as I know there is no current
group/procedure for this

> Would it be right to attend the meeting on monday despite the ban?
As a 'ground rule' / 'guiding principle' type thing I wouldn't want
individuals who've been involved in the collective to be banned without a
means of explaining their actions, but I don't want the monday meeting to be
dominated by this.  I think it will need to be discussed on monday whether
or not the individual is there and I'd ask we set a strict time limit on it
and use it to try to get some 'ground rule' / 'guiding principle' type thing
from it.  If the individual is willing to abide by the time limit and
approach (ie not just bring it back to the personal) then I'd say they
should attend.
Can those involved in the ban give a view, particularly if they see a reason
why attendance is not appropriate?

I hope this helps
Also I agree we need to hammer out the names in emails thing - personally
I'd rather people didn't use mine
Becky