[matilda] Re: conflict, resolution (continuation)

Chris chris at aktivix.org
Sat Dec 3 09:56:41 GMT 2005

Hi

On Sat 03-Dec-2005 at 03:14:15AM +0000, Amparo P Gutierrez
wrote:
> Now, during these last 18 months

It goes back a lot longer than that, many of us have been
doing political stuff in Sheffield for a long time...
none of this is new... I could go on, at great length so
could many others... I would rather not...

> he's the only one in the list to continue being
> moderated.

Eric is also still moderated...

> moderation on the list, virtual moderation only led in
> this case to an increase of aggression outside...
> artwork was defaced

I do not believe that moderation on this list had the
direct result of the artwork being defaced.

> he continues being moderated (banned)

Moderation is NOT banning.

If we wanted to ban someone we would NOT accept any of
their email to the list would we? As far as I can recall
there are only 2 emails from this person that have not
been let through and this was several weeks ago...

As I have explained before [1]:

  I think that it'll be approporate to remove the
  moderation after a period when there hasn't been any
  emails that need moderation

If I had read this weeks email with more care there are 2
emails that I would not have let through [2] because they
used someones name when it's known that he doesn't want
his name used on the list and in addition they contain
fragments of private, off list email... This is why the
moderation is in place in the first place...

I'd rather not see this list spend endless time on this
matter...

Chris

[1] http://lists.aktivix.org/pipermail/matilda/2005-November/001306.html

[2] http://lists.aktivix.org/pipermail/matilda/2005-November/001398.html
    http://lists.aktivix.org/pipermail/matilda/2005-November/001404.html

--
Aktivix -- Free Software for a Free World