[matilda] Eek

dan at aktivix.org dan at aktivix.org
Tue Nov 1 17:49:28 GMT 2005

Hi all,

Yikes.  I can't find the e-mail that Eric's referring to - where he's asked to
account for what went missing from the store, but at any rate some issues come
from this...

Before coming to things we need to discuss... what exactly has happened? Had
Eric made an agreement with someone running the bar that some money would be
recouped that he'd spent?  Was that agreed beforehand?  If so, it should be
honoured.

I also know that, in the past, people have spent money for stuff at MATILDA, and
generally there's no expectation that we'd get it back.  I know me and Rob have
done that for the Hacklab, including buying tools and materials.

But where a specific agreement's been made, that would be a different matter -
but has that happened?  If not, Eric, the general assumption is that people are
spending their own money!

The one obvious exception is Thursday cooking: cookers always buy food, and then
take it back from donations.  There's usually a surplus, but I have no idea
what happens with that.

I had designated one folder for keeping receipts in - I think it currently
resides on the dresser in the corner of the gallery.  But we've never decided a
policy for recouping money, and until we do those receipts are merely a
record.

So, questions:

1. Can we please settle this amicably? Eric, you're really angry and upset, but
you're also saying unpleasant things about the rest of us - it's really not
going to help your case.  It needs sorting out, but without mud-slinging.  The
worst crime that ever happens at MATILDA is doziness - we can work with
doziness!

2. Accounts: Eric's right about keeping stock.  Both in terms of beer and beer
money, someone needs to be responsible.  I'd argue the same goes for the cafe.
I know the cafe collective keep control over that, but I'm not sure who this
is, or what's happening to the extra money that's raised at the end of the
Thursday nights.  Can we get this clarified?  If profit's being made, where is
it going?

Ideally, accounts and stock should be going up on the WIKI.

Hmm... all something for Monday meetings!

love n general pleasant, safe-distance vibes,

Dan