[matilda] Proposals for next Monday & Inslusivity

gavin at cyber-rights.net gavin at cyber-rights.net
Tue Nov 1 19:49:13 GMT 2005

Dear Amp,

I'm presuming this childish mudslinging of yours is directed at me.
I was not raising 'ambigous accusations.' I was not raising
accusations at all. I was asking questions which were raised in
discussion between matilda and the art collective on Monday. We all
agreed to make it an agenda issue for next week, I just posted it
to the list. I'm already wishing I'd let someone else do it.

>Everybody can rest assured that we
>are trying to be as inclusive as possible,

No, they can't. People were concerned on Monday that the art
collective is not as open to new artists as it could be. I do hope
you'd all want it to be open and inclusive, the more so the better,
so people wanted to look at how this could be improved in practice.
This is why the issue has been raised. It's not an issue you should
be scared or defensive of discussing. It's not an attack on the art
collective.

So I do resent your accusations that I am "throwing shit on Art05
organizers and efforts." I am not. I'm sure it was a good event,
and I have no interest in throwing shit on you. I'm sure you all
put in a lot of work which you feel strongly about, just like ALL
of us do with the various events we've all put on.

I also resent your snide and factually incorrect accusation that
"Ironically, the person who is raising these ambiguous accusations
has himself put himself into a lot of trouble concerning finances
(not 40 miserable pounds my friend but much more...)"

I can only presume that refers to the rumours surrounding c90
(again!). To clarify, there were no financial troubles with this
event. If you really, really, want to discuss the details, you can
talk to me face to face.

I've tried in my emails to be diplomatic and respectful in
discussing issues which people have a lot personally invested in,
and have avoided personally directed comments and invective. I am
disappointed that you and Eric have not managed to maintain the
same level of respect and maturity. Please stop it.