[matilda] Respect on the email list

Joe Morris malatesta_uk at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 8 14:21:10 GMT 2005

Mozaz

It always strikes me as amazing when white, westernised men
can sit behind their compuiters, in their houses smoking their
role ups and weed, drinking their stella, eating vegitarian food
while claiming housing benefits and JSA and then sermon about
the nature of poverty.

I've been in Africa and I've seen what poverty is, and if anyone
dared describe my situation or the working class in this country
as poverty striken then they are fools at least and patently absurd.

Poverty only exists in so far as our ability to make choices. For
many working class people their choices are limited, and one
could at a stretch describe that as poverty.  But to pressume
or indeed assert that Steve, me, the worker in Tesco's or you Mozaz
are in "poverty" is not only a massive distortion of the facts,
it's down right offensive.

I find it hilarious that you can accuse me of middle class prejudice
when your argument that the working class are in poverty is
romanticised, nostaligic rhetoric and founded in no reality at all.

It must be very easy for your to shout poverty when everything
is provided for you...What a joke!

Joe

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination"
- Oscar Wilde