[matilda] Gosh, how history repeats itself...

atw againstthewar at totalserve.co.uk
Tue Nov 8 22:08:17 GMT 2005

dan> 1. Proposal to moderate 0742: any seconders?  Consistent abuse against one
dan> individual.

dan> He'll accuse us all of being fascist petit bourgeois oppressors kicking his
dan> class the working class - but then, what's new there?

dan> 2. An alternative: proposal to moderate the list for everyone,
dan> with three or four responsible moderators.

Well I certainly don't agree with 2. It'd be a lot of (mostly
unnecessary) work, imperfect, slow the list down etc. I think most
people can moderate themselves actually with maybe the occasional
reminder if things to get out of hand.

I did mention to 0742 what was decided last night (respect each other
on this list etc.) and ...sigh... he just ignored it.

I think if we were to adopt a policy of moderating individuals then
they should be warned first - one last chance - unless of course they
are threatening people's safety by posting personal details to the
list etc..

I guess if last night's decision can't be enforced anyway then there
was no point in agreeing it.

steve