Mailtda's non-commercial use clause, was: Re: [matilda] crisisof consensus

Joe Morris malatesta_uk at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 9 13:26:31 GMT 2005

Cuthbert>joe, what is the difference between a band selling merchandise
after their
Cuthbert>gig (and charging people to get in and see them perform) and the
proposed
Cuthbert>art market?

That would depend on WHY they were selling the merchandise, not the fact
they are doing it.

Cuthbert>In my opinion the difference is two fold on one level it is
semantics
Cuthbert>(alot of differences of opinion are based on language rather than
Cuthbert>substance) and on a more practicle level at the proposed art market
the
Cuthbert>artist has offered at least 30% of any money made to go to matilda.

I was under the impression that bands sold merchandise to facilitate their
tour.
That includes having to buy food to eat, fuel, other travel costs.

I have no problem with Steve using Matilda and selling his merchandise to
facilitate
his creativity, and if, within that, he wanted to donate money to Matilda,
then
that would be very generous of him.

Joe