[matilda] How are things at MATILDA?

atw againstthewar at totalserve.co.uk
Wed Nov 9 20:31:18 GMT 2005

dan> I'm sad. How is everyone else?

I'm happy Dan. I've been out all day and come back to catch up on the
debate about the artspace. So much better than TV I feel. I'm
interested in the way that seemingly simple things get deeply
political and philosophical.

I have to applaud Joe on doing a stellar job in defending his
position, all on his own, and with some abuse too. However with
seemingly everyone against him on this list, and those ad hominem
attacks he's been a bit overdefensive perhaps and you seem to have
taken it on the ol' chin Dan.

Still don't worry. It's only a virtual chin. If God didn't want
acrimony in the universe he wouldn't have given us the email list, eh?

I should also mention that Joe had a lot more support at Monday's
meeting than on this list. However he still hasn't persuaded me.

I found Mark's practical suggestions interesting too. The fact that it
might be a lot of work to get people to go inside the building at all
is main cause of concern in this debate IMO.

Finally I think it would sometimes help if people delayed sometimes in
replying to emails. Leaving the computer screen and coming back some
hours later often gives one a different perspective on things.

Adios mes amies

steve

PS Anyone up for a Make Radio History fundraiser party?