[matilda] global warming gig

cuthbert at riseup.net cuthbert at riseup.net
Tue Nov 29 16:40:16 GMT 2005

  The issue about parties in my opinion isnt just about how many people
turn up and how many volunteers we have to make the event run smoothly.
There is work that needs to be done on the  building before we have any
more parties. i.e. has the gas pipe in the room below the gallery been
removed and have the gas/electrics in the old tat room beeen boxed off.
Several people have talked to me about the possibility of have future
parties at matilda (e.g. for new years eve) and the thing is that if
anyone would like a party at matilda in the next 3 months then we need
to start sorting out these health and safety things now.

Although alot of these things look like things that can be done in a
workday and an afternoon before a party, they always take longer than
anyone first realises (i should know).

Either way it is unlikely that i will be able to be present at upcoming
parties and gigs at matilda untill january so i will play no part in
trying to promote them.

---

lastly, i dont want to have a go at anyone but i would like people to be
aware that on the link given to us earlier someone from the ISYF suggested
hiring private security and given the reaction from a previous event i
would like to highlight this for the gig collective.

from
cuthbert