[matilda] Social centres, funding and the PGA Hallmarks

gavin at cyber-rights.net gavin at cyber-rights.net
Thu Oct 6 11:33:54 BST 2005

I think there's a profound misunderstanding here about what exactly
the PGA Hallmarks are and what they embody.

>MATILDA is too large and diffuse a project to adopt one single set

>of
>principles.

But there's something that holds up together, right? If we're too
diffuse to work in at least one direction, we can't work together
at all. The process is to discover what that direction is. Which is
what Marcos means by 'walking ,we ask questions.'

However, he signed up to the PGA. Because it embodied those ideals
of diversity and openness. Everything you're saying seems to me to
SUPPORT the adoption of the PGA.

The PGA signees embody a diversity of opinions (FAR more diverse
than we have here at MATILDA), working within some very basic
guiding ideas, whic the PGA hallmarks outline (which is why they're
mostly negatives - Think of it in terms of the 'one no, many
yesses' - the hallmarks are the 'one no', and the unsaid part, the
open diversity of alternatives to the things they object to, is the
many yesses...)

But if we can't agree on the 'one no' we're not really going to get
to the many yesses.