[matilda] Social centres, funding and the PGA Hallmarks

Chris Malins chrismalins at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 12:13:23 BST 2005

I think that there is also a most excellent demonstration here of the
limitations of electronic correspondence compared to actual face-to-face
discussion. It is hardly unusual for this list (or the other previous
equivalents) to spawn increasingly acrimonious discussions cause by the
accidental semantics (or missed punchlines - Cuthbert, you're a twit! I
thought it was quite funny) of email. Indeed, I can think of individuals
who never seem other than polite and respectful in person, and often as
not seem nothing other than spiky, abrasive and insensitive via the
medium of email, which is an interesting challenge to engaging with them
(which is not necessarily to say that I know them from this group, but
there are some similarities).

It might even be worth thinking about running some workshops on
constructive emailing, if people were able not to be too patronised by
this, and if someone actually felt competent to lead it.

For my twopence on PGA, I am relieved that the group last night see to
have come to an exceptionally sensible conclusion, as indicated by its
similarity to what I was saying all along ;-)

Love and hugs,

Chris,

PS. thats only metaphorical hugs, if you try to touch me, I'll kill ya...