[matilda] Re: gigspace collective related-proposal

cuthbert at riseup.net cuthbert at riseup.net
Tue Oct 11 15:44:44 BST 2005

Firstly, I personally think that costs of £1000 are unnaceptable and that
if we put alot of effort into making an event happen just to cover costs
it is a waste of energy when so much of that money could have gone to a
good cause.  We are in a position where we can only have so many
parties/gigs so i think that we should pick and choose in favour of events
that raise money towards good causes.

Secondly, in my opinion matilda is not like most music venues and as a
result shouldnt act like them.  I am happy to stand aside on this but in
my opinion if there is a big punk band wanting to put on gig for their own
personal profit and nothing else i dont see the difference between that
and us allowing planet zogg in to do a club night and charging £7 to enter
(i have been to both types of events i dont have anything against them but
i dont think that matilda is that type of venue).  And when people are
volunteering their time at the event for nothing (on the door, at the bar
or tidying up after), i find it abit unfair.

Maybe i have understood the diy ethic incorrectly in which case i'm sorry.

cuthbert