Grand Matilda opening night 27th Oct, was: Re: [matilda] Notes from the meeting on 17th October 2005

Chris chris at aktivix.org
Wed Oct 19 00:47:47 BST 2005

Hi

I was kind of expecting *some* response to this...! :-)

On Tue 18-Oct-2005 at 09:31:36AM +0100, Chris wrote:

> ...it became apparent that the opening night of Art 05 on
> 27th October is actually going to be *the* Matilda opening
> night...!
>
> I think that this means that we no longer need to hold
> back with publicising the place, we should do Matilda
> flyers, and some outreach to let people know the place is
> open and what is happening.

We have had a few flyers designed already...

  https://wiki.sheffieldsocialforum.org.uk/Matildalogos

Should we get some printed... (with a web address on
them)?

> Perhaps we should also try to get a Matilda web site
> together -- we could simply have a static page or two with
> information that doesn't need updating and some nice
> graphics and then point to the wiki for the latest info...

I have done a draft a splash page here:

  http://matilda.blackfish.org.uk/

It needs some more text on it...

We could get www.matilda.aktivix.org as a more permanent
domain name... it wouldn't cost anything and is
more ecological than buying a new one... see:

  http://help.riseup.net/hosting/dns/#domain_ecology

What do people think (I realise that this stuff really
needs to be discussed at the next meeting also... it's on
the agenda already...)?

Chris

PS  I cleaned up the wiki font page a bit:

    https://wiki.sheffieldsocialforum.org.uk/MATILDA

PPS Not all events are getting listed in the events
    section on the wiki... like should the hunt sab
    benefit and Thursday socials and things be listed
    there...?

    https://wiki.sheffieldsocialforum.org.uk/MATILDA#Upcoming_events

--
Aktivix -- Free Software for a Free World