Grand Matilda opening night 27th Oct, was: Re: [matilda] Notes from the meeting on 17th October 2005

atw againstthewar at totalserve.co.uk
Wed Oct 19 02:40:21 BST 2005

>> ...it became apparent that the opening night of Art 05 on
>> 27th October is actually going to be *the* Matilda opening
>> night...!

Hmmm, I'm not sure everyone agreed to this idea.

>> I think that this means that we no longer need to hold
>> back with publicising the place, we should do Matilda
>> flyers, and some outreach to let people know the place is
>> open and what is happening.

Possibly - I think we should check next Monday.

Chris> We have had a few flyers designed already...

Chris>   https://wiki.sheffieldsocialforum.org.uk/Matildalogos

Yeah I really like all of them. Only possible thing is the circle A on
Mr. Mole. After all the debate about the PGA hallmarks I think this
might define Matilda in too narrow a way for optimal inclusion. It's a
powerful and unambiguous symbol. But maybe not?

I noticed the mole on the wiki has no circle A.

Chris> Should we get some printed... (with a web address on
Chris> them)?

I'd wait till Monday before publicising the place. Then we'd have to
decide which one.

>> Perhaps we should also try to get a Matilda web site
>> together -- we could simply have a static page or two with
>> information that doesn't need updating and some nice
>> graphics and then point to the wiki for the latest info...

Chris> I have done a draft a splash page here:

Chris>   http://matilda.blackfish.org.uk/

Yeah, it might be nice if the flyer changed at each visit - though
probably more effort than worth doing.

Chris> It needs some more text on it...

Indeed - but that could takes months of painstaking meetings to get
consensus on though. Ahhhhh! :^)

Chris> We could get www.matilda.aktivix.org as a more permanent domain
Chris> name...

Yeah, though the easier to remember the better. Having said the only
www.matilda domains that are left are plc.uk and ltd.uk...

www.matilda.ltd.uk ?? Well I guess we're limited in a certain way.

The aktivix one is cool though.

Chris> PS  I cleaned up the wiki font page a bit:

Chris>     https://wiki.sheffieldsocialforum.org.uk/MATILDA

Cool. When I last looked it wasn't linked into the SSF wiki pages.
Don't know if that was intentional but it seemed like that would be
worthwhile doing - unless it was intentional to keep a low profile
etc.

Chris> PPS Not all events are getting listed in the events     section
Chris> on the wiki... like should the hunt sab     benefit and
Chris> Thursday socials and things be listed     there...?

People are slack. It would be useful for the announcments list if this
was kept up to date then we could simply cut and paste what is there
into an email.

steve