[matilda] Anarchists and Biodeisel

julie w juliewhite75 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 21 20:45:58 BST 2005

Hello - 2 things

1)  Biodeisel - as you may know, we were wanting to make this at matilda,
but there were some concerns re safety, insurance etc.  We are still trying
to find out more (i've ordered a book and there is a How toMake Biodeisel
course we could send someone on)
However, as a quick-fix - there is a company that delivers biodeisel - its
not local ,so its expensive (about £1.60 per litre for 5 litres including
delivery)  Howev er, its tonnes cheaped if you order loads and return your
empty containers and the company are looking for people to be local
distribution points.  So, do you reckon we could have lots delivered, then
flo it on to the deisel owners of Matilda.  This will be legal and safe (I
have never yet witnessed spontaneous combustion of room temperature chip
fat...)  What do you think?  I'll go to monday meeting to talk about it
then, if thats ok

2)Theres a spanish anarchist doing a tour  - should we see if we can get him
here?  Would anyone be interested?  (details below)

Cheers,  Julie xx

Speaking Tour by Spanish anarchist ex-prisoner (20/9/05)

Recently released long term Spanish anarchist comes to the UK to discuss
state repression and prisoner resistance to it.

Laudelino Iglesias Martinez left prison on the 9th of August 2004 after
spending more than 23 years in Spanish prisons. He is one of the
well-known social rebels and anarchists imprisoned in Spain, co-founder of
the APRE (r), de Asociacion de Presos en Regimen Especial (reconstituida),
an organisation of prisoners who in the beginning of the nineties
struggled against the isolation and for their rights as human beings and
was brutally repressed. Laudelino spent years in the infamous FIES units
but never stopped struggling.

Hhe will be coming to talk about his experiences of the Spanish prison
system, in particular the FIES regime, and share news of solidarity
actions and prisoners' resistance.

Tuesday 4th Oct- Brighton, Cowley Club, 12 London Road, 6.30pm

Thursday 6th Oct- Bradford, 1-in-12 Club

More dates possible, TBC