[matilda] How did you do it?

GO sheffield go.sheffield at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 15:37:17 BST 2006

Hello everyone,

Not really sure if this works, or if it's the right place to ask. But I
couldn't find any other email address.

We publish a fanzine about Sheffield called GO. It's about why the city is
amazing, and why it's different, why it stands out. We aren't interested in
luxury, sexy, fresh city living. We aren't interested in retail per square
foot.

Anyway, the next issue is about dead space in Sheffield, and the way we can
reuse it. We've lost all confidence in the cities leaders, and it's becoming
increasingly apparent that, if we want this city to change into something
better than it is at the moment (rather than just a shinier version of the
same thing), we have to do it ourselves. So we're going to feature people
that have done it. That's why I'm emailing you.

Is anyone available to give us some info on how you did Matilda street? I
popped round last thursday for the social, and a nice dude called Alan (I
think) showed me around. It's a wicked building. But it would be good to
understand how you did it, whether it's legal, what you want to achieve with
it, who's doing stuff there, what sort of problems you've encountered. The
whole lot, really.

Could anyone get in touch with me about this? Either by email, or on my
telephone which is 07752 190766.

I'll try to pop down to the meeting on Monday if not.

PEACE

Tom Common

--
GO Sheffield