[matilda] re: 31st January 2006 Matilda meeting

atw againstthewar at totalserve.co.uk
Sun Feb 5 20:23:34 GMT 2006

Amparo> Is a telephone line for broadband regarded as infrastructure? has the
Amparo> hacklab already received some advanced money? I also noticed the line
Amparo> was down the day before yesterday in the building.

Well seeing as the building already has broadband there would seem
little point in getting a second line put in for broadband.

However having a telephone in the building would be very useful. It
could be as a payphone for outgoing calls, but most of all it would be
very useful for incoming calls - essential in fact - one of the basic
ways of communicating. There seems to be no phone boxes obviously near
Matilda.

If this could be done via the broadband line already coming in it
might not be that expensive to get connected. If a line has to be
installed I think it'd be somewhere in the region of £130 so we'd need
to think carefully about other expenditure, like bills, before making
any commitment.

steve