[matilda] the future of parties at matilda

cuthbert at riseup.net cuthbert at riseup.net
Wed Jan 4 15:43:05 GMT 2006

> cuthbert> The building is very close to the nightclubs and we are
> attracting too
> cuthbert> much attention with our parties.
>

> What evidence is there of this?

Apparently the two guys that kicked off were at a nightclub when their
friend told them via text to come to matilda.

Steve, we can still have matilda parties but we will have to have them
elsewhere, further away from the city centre.

> PS. Isn't Niche closed down now?

For the record Niche was closed for three months so it is likely to
re-open in february/march.

and by the way, my point of veiw on this subject has nothing to do with an
email recieved from someone who wasnt even present at the event.  It is to
do with a first hand experience and first hand accounts of what happened.

Lastly, i would like to say that i think that it is a terrible idea to
stop booking events for matilda.  I dont see how having a big meeting
dominated by the same personalities will increase participation.  I think
that this idea will divert our attention away from actually doing stuff
and towards talking about doing stuff.

enough from me
cuthbert