[pagan-magik] Re: pagan-magik Digest, Vol 1, Issue 11Radio and Meet

steve ash steveash_2001 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Nov 14 23:53:59 GMT 2004

I think the 22nd will be a good time to focus on what
we want to do at anarchist bookfair. We only have an
hour so it will be tight but sweet.

I did the Radio interview for Ramparts today, but they
had started before I arrived and didn't get a chance
to brief them, so couldn't get PMA a mention. They
mostly asked short specific questions about the
Dionysian Underground and stuff, and only let me give
short answers (time constraints I guess).

Another complication was I was on after some drunk
punk poets who had been anarchising the broadcast and
giving hippy culture its traditional bashing. They
stayed on during interview too for some 'spontaneous
contributions'. It was all wonderfully Dionysian, but
my plans to give a philosophical account of
anarcho-paganism and cosmic consciousness had to be
revived ad hoc. In the end I just gave the traditional
slightly surly soundbite 'rock n roll' response to the
questions and tried to get something across about the
Dionysian activism and my politics. It may not sound
like a Chomsky interview exactly, chameleon circuit
was fully activated, but might break some 'hippy
pagan' stereotypes and tweak some interest. I'll try
and get them to put some contact details (maybe the DU
website) on their website, and add something on PMA to
that. Interview will be streamed on Spacegirl's
program on net all next week. I'll try to find out
times. They liked the music I choose at least and
Spacegirl seemed pleased with end result of interview.

Steve