[pagan-magik] Re: pagan-magik list

steve ash steveash_2001 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 17 21:05:45 GMT 2004

Responces:

>to answer the questions:
>- i dont want be an administrator

Thats fair enuff, neither do I.
But I see it as sewerage work, the answer to the
question who will work in the sewers after the
Revolution, the answer being everyone shares the shit
jobs for an hour a week, so no one person has to do it
all day. So therefore I hope enough people volunteer
to moderate, if it becomes necessary. I think with
Nina, myself, Sean and perhaps a couple of others on
the case that should be a bare minimum (it would just
be ideal if everyone had equal power, or at least the
possibility of it).

>- i thonk also that the archives should be public,
for me it is
important,
>to stay open and so the information can spread...

I'd tend to agree, as all my illegal actions are
performed through front organisations other than the
DU, so I'm not worried about police surveillance here,
it might even be useful for disinformation. :)
I do agree on openess though too....

>- for the list, it could be better to put someone on
the list when at
least one person knows who he/she is... also to keep
the personnal
>contact

I totally agree with that. And Consensus decisions
work best in affinity groups or networks of friends
that exclude arseholes who just want to cause
disruption, and disagree for the sake of it
(fortunately we are free of those so far and I'd like
us to stay that way), think of the disruption
potential in an anonymous subscription system for a
group were one dissenter could block a decision, given
that the State has whole departments for causing chaos
in left wing political groups, thats not paranoia its
just logic :) We might even want to expel people who
never adapt to the general consensus too, if they
become a serious problem.

And to Nina:

All I meant by 'everyone's concerns' was that we
should run this group on consensus lines (ie everyone
has to rationally agree for something to happen)
rather than authoritarian lines (whether its rule by
minorities or majorities makes no difference), so
as long as no one objects I think Nina should set up
the best solution she can think of (and if people
don't express an opinion I'd just take that to
represent an obstension, so there are no objections to
consider). If even only 10% of a group assert their
freedom to choose they decide and the others
disempower themselves, its a shame but thats the kind
of apathetic society we live in, its hardly
authoritarian if people don't apply their wills. In
general I'd say thats why we have an authoritarian
system in the real world, not because the minority
exerts power over the majority, but rather because the
majority is frightened to empower itself. :)