[pagan-magik] new member, PLEASE REPLY

pantherius amokus mutadog93 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 6 15:49:23 GMT 2005

Hi Nina,

Hope you had a good Christmas and New Year.

Regarding the authorisation to subscribe 'arthur.hockaday', and any future applications for subscription.

May I suggest that you inform the list, as you have been doing, whenever someone makes a request to join the list.

As I have already made clear i consider having a closed list to be self-defeating.
I would however like to know who the new members are and why they have asked to join the list.

With this in mind, and if no one has any objections, may I suggest you reply to this, and all future applicants (As well as now contacting those that have applied in past and not been admitted for whatever reason), with a simple questioner such as the one below. Then post their reply to the group. If you recieve no objections within seven days of posting their reply to the questioner then I would suggest you take that as approval and admit them to the list.

Thank you for applying to join the e group PMA

What are you seeking from your membership?

What can you add to the group?

The answers you give will be assessed and your application considered.

This e group is a loose affiliation of groups and individuals with an interest in political activism from a pagan-magickal perspective.

I simply offer this as a rough outline suggestion. If anyone has any comments or additions/revisions to make then can they do so soonest so that we can implement the process and move forwards.

Also if any have genuine concerns about making the list more open could they let us know.

A procedure such as outlined above allows us all to learn something of those seeking admittance to the list and gives us all an opportunity to vetoe them should we so feel. Or at least debate any concerns we may have.

The current procedure is in my opinion ineffective.

David

arthur.hockaday at btinternet.com

anyone knows this person, so they can be subscribed?

can i also remind ppl that we went through a long discussion about
whether this list was to be open or closed... now that each subscription
requires authorisation and apparently nobody else feels responsible for
tending to such requests (despite initial outrage at the idea of only
one person doing so!!).. CAN YOU PLEASE AT LEAST LET ME KNOW WHETHER I
AM TO SUBSCRIBE arthur or anyone else who might turn up in the future..

cheers
nina