[SSC] Introduction

David Young lostmoya at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 06:46:52 UTC 2011

Hi Amelia,

Welcome along. It's great (and very encouraging) to hear you're keen to get
involved. It would be good to hear your thoughts on the discussion around an
opening event which we've started in another thread.

Regarding projects in London, I'm aware of The Really Free School and
University for Strategic Optimism which are both quite different but share a
frustration for the direction of UK HE. Also Dougald Hine (who has loads of
experience in getting these sorts of projects off the ground) has been
talking about starting a community university based on similar values.

Others in the group may have heard of more.

Cheers,
David.